Friday, June 3, 2016

Rock Canyon

One of my favorite cousins lives in AZ right now but was up for our Memorial Day reunion and was planning on staying for a week because his brother was gonna be blessing their baby the next week. So we decided we needed to make the most of it and planned a hiking day with some more cousins while he was still here. We decided on Rock Canyon and met my cousin-in-law Sienna and her girls and Ty and his two kids and Cam and headed to the trail head.
This was Harvey's first hiking adventure. It was HOT. But it was really pretty! Harvey wanted to wear his backpack and he carried it most of the time. He walked maybe 1/3 of the time. Maybe 1/4. He was a little bit whiney but overall he did great. 
Cousin Cam
He did like exploring off the trail and loved throwing rocks in the river. Lots of kids so plenty of breaks for both :)
Sienna and her girls
We made it up to the first bridge which I think was just over a mile up the trail. We had snacks there, played in the water, climbed up a steep trail where we saw rock climbers (side note - when I was changing out of a swimsuit in the bathroom recently, Harvey started hanging on the bars in the stall and climbing his feet up the wall and saying he was rock climbing). 
He was much happier and eager to walk on the way down :)
We then stopped for lunch at Galilee Grill. A guy in their ward is from Nazareth and my cousin Joe (Sienna's husband) helped him design and create the menu and such and I've been hearing all sorts of raving about the place so I'd been wanting to check it out. Not really Tanner's cup of tea, but he was a good sport. I thought it was delicious and there's about 30 things left on the menu I want to try :) All in all it was a really great day and totally worth the drive.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I may have to do that hike sometime!

    ReplyDelete