Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Lake Blanche

I like this new tradition we are forming. Fall hike to Lake Blanche. We started the hike off with a trip to Trader Joe's for a plethora of vittles. The weather this day could NOT have been more perfect. EVERYTHING about this day was perfection. Weather, food, company, mountains. Ahhhhh. Heaven. 
We both took a good sampling of pictures and shared them. I didn't try to organize them very well. So just enjoy the beauty up, down and all around again.







Eating the first snow



The DELICIOUS spread!
I LOVE this view. One of my favorite places ever in Utah.



While we were hiking down Brooke stopped me to have me look at the mud and asked if that was a moose track. We both were in the process of confirming that it was when we heard something in the bushes. I kind of freaked - like - oh man it's right by us. But then I thought maybe I had just heard something or it was Brooke's water bladder thing. But then we heard it again and it was unmistakably moose. All I could think of was the recent article in the news about a trail runner getting trampled by a bison out at Antelope Island and I was legit nervous about us coming right upon a moose. We sat and waited a minute and tried to peek through the bushes to see if we could see it. We eventually walked down a little ways and then could see it a fairly healthy distance away. But then we ended up seeing like 3 more! It was a little unnerving but also SOO cool! And we didn't get trampled, which was extra awesome.
Where's waldo (the moose)


Gosh all these pictures are gorgeous but they don't even do the majesty of it all any justice.
















Did I mention this day was perfect? Did I mention I love this hike? And Brooke? And the mountains? We talked NON stop and it was the most rejuvenating afternoon. Sad that it will most certainly be next fall that I get myself back up to Lake Blanche. It never disappoints and is always worth the wait!


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful!! I have never been here...definitely adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete