Wednesday, October 16, 2019

San Diego - Torrey Pines

Last day of vacation. So sad. Tanner left early to golf at Torrey Pines - something he's wanted to do for a long time. I did breakfast at the hotel with the kids and then went and got my parents. I've been wanting to wander around Torrey Pines for a long time too. The time Tanner and I went when I was pregnant with Lottie didn't happen and last year when we tried there was a torrential downpour. So this was our year. The visitors center thing was really cool. The kids probably liked that best. Then we did a really short EASY hike that was really pretty and cool but still managed to accrue a fair amount of whining.






















Then I thought the beach would be fun. Not the best day for a beach I guess. The same day we fly home with no place to clean up. It worked out ok. Harvey and Greta tolerated the water a lot more than they have in the past. And Lottie I thought was going to EAT up the sand and water but she HATED it. Didn't like how sticky the sand was and got scared of the water. I probably messed up and put her in a wave that ended up being a tiny bit bigger than I expected. So then she was kind of a pill.























We played for about an hour - plenty long to get filthy. Then we attempted to clean up and then found a little café to eat at. Which was pretty tasty and fun to eat outside.



I wanted to go walk around the temple grounds because I had never been to the temple here. Except for seeing it from the freeway. We wanted to be able to do a session but it was closed for cleaning for a few weeks and so the grounds were closed too.

Then Tanner was done with golf and so we picked him up, got him some lunch and then went to get our last vacation treat - shakes at Shake Shack. Sooo good.


Then we went to the airport and waited a couple hours before the flight. We were on the same on with my parents on this one. So we hung out at the airport. Harvey tried opening an emergency exit door and set of the LOUDEST alarm ever. Kind of embarrassing and also a little funny. We got some stares. Oh well. Flight was pretty unremarkable. The kids did great - just watched a movie. And Lottie didn't cause too much problem and stayed pretty happy. Gosh. Such a fun vacation. I was really sad to come home.





No comments:

Post a Comment