Sunday, October 13, 2019

San Diego - Tide Pools

Day two in San Diego started out with going to church at Kathryn's ward. Greta wanted this picture taken of her holding her zoo toys she got. After church we went home and ate lunch and packed a dinner picnic. And then headed over to the tide pools. Apparently we are on the very beginning of when they get good but the timing worked out at least to be at low tide. I thought the kids were going to eat it up - but none of them did. They were mostly scared of it and some of the slipperiness and other such things kept them from being as intrigued as I was hoping/expecting.


I love this picture of Harvey! We did end up getting some good ones - not really in order though...again.






At first I thought it was going to be a big bust. There was a lot of whining and crying and not wanting to go out at all. They liked watching the crabs though, which there were ample amounts of those, which was cool. But then they found some sand and my mom watched them play for a bit and then we took turns. My dad was having fun exploring and then Kathryn and I went down with him and it was cool.













I think that's a little urchin down there. We saw a bunch of anemones too. And some other purple huge slug looking thing that I don't remember the name but it was cool.








These kids are in heaven just finding a pile of sand/dirt.















Then we drove up to the lighthouse just above where we were and just wandered around a bit.














Tanner had gone golfing at Goat Hill and had a blast there. He said it was really cool. And then we took a long time so he golfed up near Lego Land as well. We met up at my parents hotel and ate a picnic dinner and then left them and we went and checked into our hotel!








No comments:

Post a Comment