Saturday, November 27, 2021

Deule Creek

The Saturday after Thanksgiving my goals for the day were to go for a hike without kids and kind of push it. When Greta found about me wanting to go hiking she was having no part of the potential of being left behind. Then Tanner I think ended up needing to do a few things and so it ended up where I just needed to take all of them with me. Harvey wasn't too happy about it initially. I wasn't really either, to be honest. But...I am SOOO glad I took them. We did this hike a little while ago and it goes up to a tree swing and so they were motivated by getting up to that again. And they were awesome. Zero complaints once we got going. We had such a good time finding shapes and such in the ice on the river. We loved the bridges. We loved climbing on all the rocks and we LOVED the swing! So. Much. Fun. So happy about this day. 






Weenie dog on a stick







I can't remember what we found in these ice features. Bats or birds or something else entirely.





Being happy about taking pictures. I also have to put this in so I don't ever forget. We were kind of up ahead of Harvey and as he walked into this little open area where the river widened a bit, he was like Oh my gosh! This is so pretty! I don't think that's exactly the words he used but he was like really taken back by how beautiful it was in that spot and it made my heart happy. He's not usually the one that sees (or acknowledges) the beauty of nature. 








Harvey was all about going off the big rock at the top. He did that a few times and then we convinced Greta to try it from up there and she was a big fan. I did it a few times. It is SO fun! It was awesome because we had the place to ourselves for about 45 minutes. Then a big group of people showed up so we felt like we couldn't play much longer but it worked out perfectly. 



Sad face

Happy face

Silly face

Love my hiking buddies! Perfect morning and SO much better than going by myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment