Friday, October 6, 2017

Fall zoo day

My dad was taking the day off and my mom was getting pretty sick of being stuck in the house not being able to do anything so we all decided to go to the zoo. It was supposed to be a beautiful day - and it was. I called to see if Tanner could get off work early and he could, so we picked him up on the way and met my parents and Laura and Logan and Clara there. It was SO much fun. Really. It was one of the best zoo visits ever. The weather was marvelous. It was hardly crowded at all, and the animals were so active and fun! Also, Lottie slept the ENTIRE time which was amazing, because I really got to play and interact more with Harvey and Greta, who I feel had been getting the shaft with mom time lately, because Lottie can be pretty difficult and needy at times. 

Of course we had to do the carousel. Great kept saying "wheeee" when her animal would go up and down.





We don't usually play at the playground. When we've gone in the summer, we run around in the splash pad and that's that. But there weren't that many people there and Harvey wanted to stop and play. He had so much fun! He was SO brave. He tried the two big tunnel slides and LOVED them and then wanted to do them again and again. And thanks to Lottie's goodness, I even got to run around and play with him and Greta. And Pop Pop is ALWAYS one for a good time playing at the park with the kids. He is the best.



Probably my favorite picture of the day
Ok - this might have been the coolest thing of the day. When we were outside on the other side we could hear splashing and stuff so we hurried down into the building and these two sea lions were having the best wrestle battle ever, RIGHT by the glass. It was so awesome. They seemed so enormous (I guess cause they are) and it was so fun to watch. 


All the bears were out wandering around too, which normally we don't see.



My dad, the animal whisperer


Or maybe this was the coolest. It's a tie I guess. This baby and mama orangutan were going crazy. The baby was being a wild child and running and jumping and punching and climbing on and head diving into the mom and she just seemed annoyed and would walk away and the baby would chase after her. We stood there for at least 10 minutes watching and I probably could have stayed longer. It was so entertaining and funny. Especially because it is just like human kids sometimes. Haha. Such pests :)

I couldn't decide between these two - sorry.


And the kids begged for the train and because my parents spoil/love them, we did the train.


Couldn't have been a more perfect day. Oh, and we finished it off at Leatherby's. Yep. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment