Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pumpkins

I'd read a few articles about some fun places to take the kids to for Halloween - mostly I just wanted a fun little pumpkin patch. We ended up going to Pack Farms, the same place we went last year. They had a few new things this year, but the highlight was for sure the corn box. Unfortunately it was everyone's favorite. And slightly annoying when these preteen girls got in and started throwing stuff etc.
She fortunately stayed like this the whole time


Someone started dumping corn in their shirt and then everyone in there thought it looked fun - including Harv. Greta just minded her own business and did her thing 'til the big girls freaked her out.



Harvey LOVED the slides. He was super brave and went down them so many times. And I know these pictures are blurry but you can see the maximum possible joyful experience on his face and I just love it.






We picked out some good pumpkins and it was overall a good time...minus a mildly sick and moderately whiny Greta. I love doing stuff with the kids but it's hard after T gets home because it's so close to dinner time and bed time it's hard to squeeze stuff in and also be able to avoid maximum whine time. But it's worth it :)











Greta's face in this is so funny
Then last night we carved up the pumpkins. Harvey was excited to paint his until we got out the carving kit and then he got extra serious about "carving". I started with a mummy drawn on mine, then accidentally wiped it off and realized it was going to take forever. Then I did a spider web, but that too was a little too intricate for an evening when everyone was done and my baby was asleep (yet I stayed up loading pictures and trying to make sure blog stayed caught up before Disneyland!) So I free-carved a spider and it worked out just nicely. Heather came over too and it was nice to have an extra pair of hands to hold babies and just to hang out! And she's my go to gal for enjoying pumpkin stuff and I've been dying to make homemade pumpkin shakes. So delicious!















Oh I love this smile!

Harvey added some paint embellishments to dad's


And giving his sign of approval with the pumpkin shake

No comments:

Post a Comment