Monday, October 23, 2017

Lottie's 2 months

This last month has had lots of ups and downs :) Still trying to figure out life with 3 kids and still trying to figure this baby out. Just a few days before her official month birthday, she started smiling officially when she'd catch eyes with people and cooing quite a bit. So dang much fun! She's really chunked up too and has the squishiest thighs and cheeks and I am so in love with all of it! She has been a little hard for us all - lots of crying. I don't know if it's officially colic where every night like clockwork she is screaming, but we have plenty of it and it's so hard to know what to do or how to help her. It's extra sad now because she makes tears when she cries hard and does a little lip quiver pout thing that is heartbreaking. And she tries to coo and smile at you and then .1 seconds later is SCREAMING like someone just pulled her toenail off. So it makes me think she's got some intestinal distress and makes me look forward to when her bowels kind of mature a bit. This also might sound weird or bad, but just in the last week or two I really FELL in love with her. Oh she has had my whole heart from the beginning, it's true, but something different happened when I was walking barefoot around the block with her to try and get her calmed down. It was just a much deeper and fuller emotion that wasn't dependent on if she was a perfect baby or really challenging. Not that it was dependent on it before but I have to admit I have had a few moments of her not being my favorite :) It's hard to explain but my heart knows what I mean. I'm head over heels for this little ladybug.




She usually is actually a fan of the bath. Unless she's tired and I think she may have been at this moment because she wasn't having any part of it.








Life is good!



Being a little trooper on our walks to pick up Harvey. You can see him in the red jacket up in the corner :)
 I had to post all of these. Her chub and faces are just too much!






See! Bath time isn't all bad!

My mom was awesome and changed a bunch of things around so she could watch the kids while I picked up an extra shift at work. Had to start going back a little early because of some miscommunication about how much short term disability I would be getting. Huge pain, but grateful for a mom who cares and a few more shifts than I was expecting. Sure didn't want to go back this early with Lottie still so little, but we are making the most of it.


 I just love the variety of faces that can be made by a newborn in such a short amount of time!



Her hair cracks me up in this one.





This video is probably only worth watching if you are me :) Haha. We just are starting to get some real smiles and talking and it's so fun!











Crazy to me how much they can change in just one short month! We love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment