Thursday, April 26, 2018

Castle Park

We have talked about going to the Castle Park for a year - basically all last summer but for some reason we never made it. I saw some Instagram posts about it and that there was a little path by a creek near there and then determined it was a must this year. We finally made it there a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure exactly where the path was, and of course my kids were WAY more interested in playing at the park (which is pretty cool - except it's kind of becoming dilapidated and it's all wood so there's lots of hornets).  I didn't take tons of pictures of the park. Kids were running around way too much anyway. But I was able to steal them away from the park to go explore a little bit. The trail down is right next to the playground. You can either head East or West and we have only gone West and haven't made it very far. They get hung up in a couple of spots and then want to go play again. I think it's awesome and everything I was hoping it would be! It's like a little mountain oasis where you feel like you are away from stuff but it's easy to get to and easy for the kids. It's awesome. There's a little creek that Greta always ends up soaked in. She can't stay out! It's funny. And it's just lovely. I'm seriously in love. Hence taking everyone I know there :) 













 Steff met us there on the windiest day ever. It was crazy. But the kids didn't even care, and it was really nice down in the little gulley because it was a bit less windy.





 I accidentally took this picture but I couldn't delete it because her little fingers are too cute.











My mom came up and spent the day with us and we of course had to take her here too. It was an amazing day! They played at the park for a long time before we were able to coerce them away.



 There was tons more water in the creek this week which was really fun.




 Lottie was NOT a fan of the cold water.



 Didn't take long before she was in the water. There were a few other kids there playing in the water so of course she had to go in too. And there was a little girl there too that was adamant about taking clothes off. She started off with just shirt and shorts and then was taking her underwear off too and splashing all over the place. It was actually really funny. Greta wanted to follow suit but we were able to keep her clothes on. Harvey, not so much.














 And last the best of all - this is my favorite picture of all the days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment