Monday, April 9, 2018

Conference

We are a week past conference now. I am really happy with how much I was able to listen to and focus on with all the demanding dependents. I really LOVE conference so much. I thought this round was amazing and there were lots of great things. I think the thing that stuck out most to me was all the talks on NEEDING the Holy Ghost and it being so important to learn to recognize the Spirit and having personal revelation. I loved President Nelson's talk and something he said has stayed with me. I will probably mutilate the quote but it was something about stretching ourselves to be able to receive personal revelation.

I had to look it up...

I urge you to stretch beyond your current spiritual ability to receive personal revelation, for the Lord has promised that “if thou shalt [seek], thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal.”12
Oh, there is so much more that your Father in Heaven wants you to know. As Elder Neal A. Maxwell taught, “To those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, it is clear that the Father and the Son are giving away the secrets of the universe!”

I loved the "stretch" part. I feel like I love the gospel and prayer and have faith and trust God can help us and I have good ideas and intentions - but a lot of the time I end stuff at that. All the stuff that takes more physical or mental effort I find myself being kind of lazy with. And that word "stretch" stuck out to me. I need to do that. And I loved how he said "oh, there is so much more that your father in Heaven wants you to know". It was so sweet and kind and sincere and it just made me LOVE him. And I believe and know he really is the newly sustained, head of the church and a true prophet.

I just want so badly to keep the spirit with me, to be able to have revelation for myself and for my kids and know how to help them and to keep myself on the path, because there is so much confusion and doubt and "philosophy's of men" that I know I am not immune to falling prey to and I just want to stay strong. And so I need to re read and study a lot of the talks and take it to the next level :) The church is true!  (haha - I feel like I'm in seminary again...)

1 comment: