Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Maroon Bells


This trip actually happened in the fall of 2011. I decided I wanted the pictures here and so took them off facebook and now am going to write a little blurb about the trip - as much as I can recall from 7 years ago. Woah. How can time go by the fast?! 

My bestie from Peace Corps, Emily Mitchard Turano and I met up in Colorado for a 4-5 day backpacking trip. I can't even remember how many nights it was or what our total mileage was. I think it was close to 30. We did an AMAZING loop around the Maroon Bells near Aspen Colorado. Seriously, one of theeee coolest trips/places ever. We had such a great time. It was hard too though. We got soaked one time and that made for some challenges and we went over a lot of passes, which my - what I thought was in shape but wasn't - butt had a really hard time with  :) 
I really miss backpacking. I'm hoping in the next year or two I can drag Harvey along with me somewhere short :) 



You know you're in for a killer time when those last few pictures are from the parking lot!
I don't remember all of the details of this exactly or why we remembered or thought of it, but somehow there was some type of miscommunication on who was bringing fuel. Oops. Luckily we remembered pretty early on and were able to buy a can off of some people that were hiking out right about the same time we were starting on the trail. Holy crap that could have been an epic fail.


A hummingbird flew into our tent :)






Sooo incredible. Everywhere you looked. Just perfection. 



Chilling at the top of a pass. Life doesn't get much better. 

















This lake was my favorite. I should do some research to see if I can remember what it was called. 



I did some research and it jogged my memory. This is my favorite lake from lake level - Snowmass Lake.












I was dying around every corner. It was the coolest trip. We had such a good time. Looking through these pictures makes my heart yearn for this type of adventure again :) I actually did find a good website talking about it. It's called 4 pass loop. So there were 4 passes. Haha. Felt like more :) It was actually only about 25 miles. I'd LOVE to go back here. SOOO incredible!

http://www.coloradoswildareas.com/2016/06/22/backpacking-the-maroon-bells-4-pass-loop/

No comments:

Post a Comment