Thursday, April 5, 2018

Easter

We had a few fun days of Easter celebrations. It started with coloring Easter eggs. Harvey was SO excited about doing it. Gosh dang - I love little kids enthusiasm and excitement! They make stuff so much more fun (and messy and crazy...but mostly fun and happy). He was good at helping get the colors dissolving. It was a kit that had regular color tabs but also a foam swirl dye thing you can kind of see in the pictures. I thought the kids would like rubbing the eggs around in that but they didn't. I stole 3 eggs to try it and they turned out sooo cool! I wanted to go buy more so that I could do a whole dozen myself. Greta was AWESOME. She would plop eggs in wherever, but when we helped her pull her egg out and she saw that it was colored, she made THEE cutest face, clapped and squealed and inhaled all in the purest delight. I wish I would have recorded it but the task at hand required 2 pretty focused and helpful adults.






Human Easter eggs.
We did Easter baskets and egg hunt Sunday morning before conference.
Blurry, but the excited happy face is too cute, even still.
You can kind of see his big smile - mostly because of the batman car that was sitting on top of his basket.


All ready for the egg hung and too cute for words.








Love her pointing and big open mouth. She was pretty funny too. Harvey was a great finder. And Rozzi actually found an egg and grabbed it with her mouth. I was surprised she did that. Ha.










I love this picture so much. Just chillin together doing their own thing.
This coloring moment lasted about 2 mintues. Haha.
Dad helped them with their craft they got in their baskets.




After conference, all my family but Ben and Julie and crew came over for a big prime rib dinner. It. Was. Amazing. We had THEE best food. The prime rib was amazing. And it was just fun and delicious and great company.





Easter goods from Gram and Pop.




The T-rex night light is what Harvey got.





A few days after Easter we had the Easter party at Mimi and Papa's. I took very few pictures. But it was fun to do another egg hunt. Then we ate and I actually had to leave for work so I missed the rest of it. She changed it up and didn't do swimsuits this year - the kids got SUPER cute knitted little animals. I think the older kids and boys got different stuff, but Harvey ended up with an awesome dinosaur. He was pretty stoked on it. Fun times.



And of course, there was the general conference aspect of the Easter weekend and the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. I tried to keep reminding Harvey about it and we had a FHE the week before. So the spiritual side of things was accounted for too :) And I do have a testimony that Christ lives and was resurrected and I'm so grateful for the significance of the atonement and all that it means for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment