Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Message

I was texting my friend Emily yesterday as they were driving from Williston to Utah.  I had to laugh and cringe at the same time when I got this message...
I don't really love the 13+ hour drive to and from Williston.  But it really isn't that bad.  I'm kind of hyper focused on what's happening inside my womb right now so it's probably annoying to people, but it just made me realize that this trip is the last one without kids.  The last time we will enjoy the freedom that we have for the past however many years.  And it's weird.  And scary.  And definitely exciting.  But I sometimes think I forget that things are about to change so dramatically.  That I think our kid will just cooperate for the whole drive and that we'll stop when WE want and need and not when he dictates by his barfs and poops and other "needs".  Haha.  Jk.  But as scary as it seems to me SOMETIMES, I really am ready to give my life over to a little person.  It's time.  Even though I still would really like to not have any kid puke in the car :)  A girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. My kids choose to only puke in the car. It is their favorite place to puke. I can only think of two times that the kids (any of them) have thrown up some place other than the car. TWO TIMES! One of which was in a TENT. Not better.

    ReplyDelete